Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Visit from Down Under



On the Labor Day weekend I had a cousin from Australia, whom I'd never met before, visit. I have have corresponded with her for a bit, and with her mother as well. Her name is Maree. the day she came was her birthday, so we went to a local restaurant and had a nice dinner, then had them bring a little cupcake with a candle in it to celebrate! She was touched. We went to Wawona and Yosemite Saturday, and to the coast on Sunday. We went to Mass at San Luis Obispo mission, to Hearst Castle, to the beginning of Big Sur, ate at Morro Bay for dinner....a lovely day. I hope to return the visit one day to Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandpa John Kilgariff in WWI

  John Francis Kilgariff 14 August 1890 – 25 July 1955 My maternal grandfather enlisted and served in WW1 with the Royal Irish Rifles an...